Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #164

Tracer by Frida | Friday I'm In Love #164 | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Tracer by Frida | Friday I'm In Love #164 | Gamerwife.com

Tracer by Frida available at Society 6

Hey Folks,

Sorry I kinda dropped off the radar there for a minute. But I’m back, eager to get organized find a way to tackle all the amazing ideas in my head without going crazy all the time. Please wish me luck.

This weekend will involve a lot of catching up. Also, Rick is taking me to shoot guns. It was my birthday present, but we never found the time to go until now. Again, please wish me luck.

Link Time!
Now Dan, tell us how you really feel.

Why having an older disabled lady character (who isn’t white) in Overwatch is a big deal.

My friend Gina is making a documentary web series about academics playing Minecraft together and it looks fantastic.

In Pokemon news, Raritiy’s Boutique now lets you rep your team! Team Mystic all the way!

Game Mechanic vs. Gameplay in pictures.

Jessica | OhHeyJess.com
    July 29, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Good luck and have fun at the shooting range! My exhusband always wanted to take me by I never went, and now of course I want to go and have no one to go with lol hope you have a great weekend 💖

August 3, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Thanks, Jessica. My husband actually bought us the day of shooting as a Groupon for my birthday as it was something he’d seen on my bucket list a while ago. And while I wouldn’t exactly describe the experience as “fun,” or really something I’d EVER want to do again, I’m definitely glad I got to try it and share my experience my Rick.

Jess
    July 29, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Have fun! I am a terrible shot, but my husband likes going out to shoot. I avoid it x).

August 3, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Thanks, Jess. Turns out I’m not actually a very good shot either, but I’m definitely glad I tried it. Can’t say it’s something I’ll ever want to try again, but I’m definitely glad I got to experience it at least once in my life.

July 30, 2016 at 4:24 am

I’m sure ET wasn’t expecting quite that comment from Dan 🙂 Can’t believe people have been abusing Leslie Jones, she was incredible in ghost busters and it makes me sad the level of racism and sexism in the World 🙁

August 3, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I had such high hopes for the internet in the 90’s, but now that everyone’s on it I really miss the days when it was only idealistic weirdos talking to each other about how to make things awesome.

July 31, 2016 at 10:31 am

Have fun at the shooting range! And best of luck with organizing/planning out all the ideas in your fab head. 😀 I can definitely relate to brain going in overdrive sometimes!

August 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Thanks, Kay. Things are definitely starting to make sense to me again (update on that later this week), and I’m genuinely looking forward to where things will go from here. And yeah, shooting was something. Not really something I’d actually really ever want to do again, but I’m really glad I did it. I actually think everyone should try it at least once, just so they know what it’s really like, as games and TV shows and movies do got the experience across AT ALL.

August 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm

It’s true. I went to a range a few years back and shot a variety of guns, the smallest being a .22 pistol, and the biggest being a 50 caliber sniper rifle. Basically, I was super curious what shooting was like! I agree, it’s something people should at least get one experience with, because you are so right that TV/games just don’t accurately portray the feeling and side effects. For instance, I do not understand how people in shows/movies aren’t just instantly deaf when after shooting copious amounts of assault weapons with no ear protection. It’s crazy.

August 4, 2016 at 4:08 pm

The noise was definitely shocking. I almost feel like the sound waves are almost as strong as the explosion in terms of feedback in the body. Every time I started to squeeze the trigger I got a little tense as my body went “oh no, here we go again!” bracing for impact. It’s definitely a rush, but we were both surprised by just how much terror was there too.

August 3, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Good luck at the shooting range. It is fun! Although, I was a little bit like uhhhh I’m not sure about this! Haha And man guns are so friggin loud! I’ve shot an M16 and a M9 and I just it’s loud over 100 db so just make sure you have great hearing protection. I’m not sure how they can stand the sound in movies….

August 4, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Yeah, we were both given top notch sound protection, but the volume still completely shocked us. We each got to shoot a Glock 40 and a 9mm. And of course they gave me the Glock to start with. I’m just stunned I didn’t end up on my butt. That thing is no joke.