Geek Life

Monthly Favourites April 2016

Monthly Favorites April 2016 | Gamerwife.com

Monthly Favorites April 2016 | Gamerwife.com Another month, another big long list of stuff that I was really into. While things are still taking a while to warm up here in Montreal, I have been able to retire my winter coat and I’m trying to make walking a part of my daily routine. Seriously, I cannot wait for summer to get here. But, until then, here’s what I’ve been loving this month.

Stuff I talk about in this video:

Bite Beauty Lipstick in Dragonfruit

Described as a ‘magenta violet’ this lipstick is bright and sunny and perfect for spring/summer. Stays suprisingly well and will stain your lips if you reapply often.

Matt The Radar Technician tank from Jordandene

I love the SNL sketch that inspired this shirt and I love this shirt. Destined to get lots of wear this spring/summer.

Halt & Catch Fire (Season 2)

Apparently the raiting stink, but I don’t care, I love it and I have a huge crush on Scoot McNairy because of it.

Papergirls

Late 80’s nostalgia, Sci-Fi, and kickass girls. What more could you want?

In Real Life

I love that someone is out there making comics about global issues like this. Smart, touching and super relatable.

Stuff to Blow Your Mind

Another great podcast from the How Stuff Works network. Covers crazy science stuff and lots of monster stuff.

Daiya Cheezy Mac

Vegan, gluten free, super yummy and ready in less than 8 mins!

What were you loving this month?

readerlygeek
    April 27, 2016 at 9:06 am

I love Halt and Catch Fire too! Lee Pace is such a babe in it, and I just adore Cameron. I haven’t started the second season yet–mostly because I want to rewatch the first one again before I do!

April 27, 2016 at 11:54 am

If you love Cameron you’ll love the second season. They really do some great stuff with her character.

April 28, 2016 at 3:24 am

I don’t get the Kylo Ren ref but I love Jordandene designs. I keep telling myself to get something from her.

April 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Lemme know if you do. I *might* have a discount code for you… Also, for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s74breoNAKc (video quality isn’t awesome, but you get the idea).

April 29, 2016 at 8:15 am

Haha! Okay that was pretty funny! I don’t have cable and reception on public tv is kind of ify. Thanks for sharing that. I would love said discount code if you have it. 🙂

May 5, 2016 at 9:29 am

We ran late for lunch one day because Ben was reading papergirls, we’ll definitely have to steal it off of him! I hope that mac n cheese comes to Australia! We have Daiya blocks so I’m sure the rest will follow 🙂 Weeeeeee!

May 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Yeah… It’s taken a while for me to find all the other Daiya products here (even though I think they have a production plant in Vancouver…) I found their pizza the other day and practically did a jig in the aisles.

May 26, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I heard Kylo Ren has an 8 pack. That Kylo Ren is shredded. hehehe

I’d like to check out Paper Girls, looks right up my alley.

May 28, 2016 at 2:55 pm

It’s awesome. Lots of subtle late 80’s references. I have no doubt you’ll enjoy it.