Indie Game Date

Indie Game Date: Curses ‘N Chaos

Curses 'N Chaos | Indie Game Date | Gamerwife.com

Curses 'N Chaos | Indie Game Date | Gamerwife.com
Rick’s been playing games since before he could walk. I went from an NES to a PS3 with nothing in between. We love to game together, but finding games we can both enjoy can be tough. Indie Game Date is our quest to find great indie games that both of us will love.

I’m very excited to share this Indie Game Date with y’all today because it features a game that got very little attention when it came out, but has proven to be a veritable diamond in the rough in my and Rick’s quest to find games that we can play together. The game in question is Curses ‘N Chaos, my beloved Tribute Games‘ follow up to Mercenary Kings (you know, that game that I did voices for).

Curses ‘N Chaos plays sort of like a wave brawler. You (or you and your partner, in our case) are tasked with beating up as many ghosts and goblins as you can in order to break a deadly curse! That’s it. Just beat up wave after wave of monsters, using uppercuts, flying kicks and all sorts of weapons and power-ups that your enemies will drop. The sound track is absolutely killer and although we didn’t manage to beat the first level, we did manage to get significantly better with each match we played.

Here’s our last try at that elusive 10th wave:

I absolutely love how frenetic the game play is and how even a total noob like me managed to improve over a very short period of time. Granted, the game no doubt ramps up the difficulty the deeper you go, but I also really love all the art and the cinematics and will be sure to keep playing so that we can see more of the crazy magical world that Tribute have created.

Curses ‘N Chaos is available on Steam, PS4 & PS Vita.

And speaking of Tribute, did you catch the announcement trailer for their new game, Flinthook?

March 23, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I know I already commented, but this game looks like a ton of fun! I feel like my hubs and I would definitely get addicted to trying to break our own record.

March 25, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I cannot recommend it highly enough. I’m dying to start unlocking the other environments.

*Mandy*
    March 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm

*GASP* You did voices for a video game?! THAT’S SO FREAKING COOL! And this sounds like a very cool game! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

March 28, 2016 at 10:20 pm

I’ve actually had the chance to do it again regularly. I guess that’s what happens when you hang out with game devs all the time. And yeah, Curses ‘N Chaos is excellent.

jennibearrxo
    March 25, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Haha! I loved watching your gameplays! Your commentary together is so funny! You and your husband are so cute <3

March 28, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Thanks, Jennibearr! We’re never sure whether people actually enjoy what we’re doing, so I really appreciate your comment. 🙂

March 30, 2016 at 12:24 am

Ha your gameplays are always so much fun! Thanks for sharing Mariko!

April 7, 2016 at 8:50 am

I have so many of your blog posts to catch up on but I thought I’d watch this first because you’re couple game posts always make me laugh – this was no exception! Oh and tell Rick to come to an Australian beach to check out so aussie butts 😛 😛

April 7, 2016 at 10:20 am

Awww… Thanks, Fee. And yes, I have no idea what Rick would do on an Australian beach. Probably loose his damn mind.