Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #152

Bioshock Infinite by Anansass | Friday I'm In Love #152 | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Bioshock Infinite by Anansass | Friday I'm In Love #152 | Gamerwife.com

Bioshock Infinite by Anansass available at Society 6

Hello Sweeties!

How was your week? Mine was pretty busy helping out at Arcade 11 and checking out all the cool games at the Pixelles Incubator 4 Showcase. This weekend will include a return to D&D, a big family dinner and my Twitch debut to kickoff Indie Game Gang’s March edition.

What are you up to?

Link Time!
Think games are just about killing things? Here are ten games that champion empathy.

Emma over at Scruffy Little Nerd Herder has a great list of geeky mother’s day gifts.

There is a muppet playing games on Twitch and he is amazing.

I don’t know about you, but I would play the hell out of this.

I for one, love the episodic gaming trend.

Don’t be jealous of this cat that is 100 times more glamourous than you could ever be.

Amazing remastered Atari song by a electronic music pioneer.

Who would have thought Mortal Kombat would be better than Street Fighter in how they treat their lady costumes.

And finally, YOU CAN BUY NEKO ATSUME HOUSES AND TOYS FOR YOUR ACTUAL CATS!!!

March 4, 2016 at 3:57 pm

I am not a fan of the episodic game play and the reason being is I want to play my game all at one time. I also am not okay with the extra money I have to dish out each episode I want to play. Take in Telltale games. I won’t play any of their games until the whole reason is released it just isn’t that important to me. Which is leading to my frustration with FF7 remake. I’ll happy wait until the entire game is released all together and but it that way.

March 5, 2016 at 1:24 pm

I really like how episodic games are broken up with story beats, like each episode is its own play session, but I do understand wanting access to everything at once. But I think there’s something to be said for drawing out the experience, even if it is done artificially.

March 5, 2016 at 2:46 pm

For sure! I think my biggest problem besides having to wait is the additional payment of the episodes. I don’t like that very much.

March 6, 2016 at 10:37 am

I don’t think of it as an “additional” payment, each episode is usually priced pretty low ($5) and if you add it up it’s still a pretty good deal ($30 for 20+ hours of gameplay). Plus, they usually have season pass options where you can pay for everything upfront and then just download them as they’re released. If the episodes got more expensive as it got closer to the end I might think it was exploitative, but the pricing of most episodic games seems pretty fair to me.

March 5, 2016 at 6:53 am

Oh my gosh that cat is such a glamour-puss!! and all that neko atsume stuff is amazing!!

March 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I still can’t figure out how she gets the eyelashes on that cat.

Emma
    March 5, 2016 at 9:27 am

I need to get my D&D gang together soon, it’s been an age since we’ve had a session. Hope you have lots of fun – ours are always pretty hilarious. I’m thinking about starting up a Twitch channel too, but I’m a little nervous. Also, those Neko Atsume houses are the cutest. I don’t even have a cat and I want them! Oh, and thanks for mentioning my Mother’s Day gift guide <3

March 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I ended up skipping this week’s session because I was still sick, but I can’t wait to get back at it. Not sure how regularly I’ll Twitch, but Benny has inspired me and it seems like a fun way for the Indie Game Gang community to get together.

Jessica | Pyreflies.org
    March 6, 2016 at 12:33 am

omg!! that cat is definitely so much more glamourous than me! haha!
    have fun at the family dinner and on your twitch debut!

March 6, 2016 at 10:33 am

Thanks, Jessica! It was a nice, chill evening and I got lots of time in with my niece and nephew.