Video Games

Indie Game Gang Recap & Game for March

Indie Game Gang | Gamerwife.com

Indie Game Gang | Gamerwife.com Hello sweeties!

First off, a HUGE thank you to everyone involved in Indie Game Gang so far! I know I’m still getting the hang of this ‘moderator’ thing, but to have so many people from all over coming together to play indie games is awesome. While reactions to February’s game, Pony Island, was mixed, it sounds like most of you enjoyed this extra twitchy, glitchy puzzle game.

Personally, I had a lot of trouble with jumping and shooting at the same stuff, which is really just a reflection of my current skill level and nothing against Pony Island itself. However, since one of the goals of Indie Game Gang is to find games that are as accessible to noobs as they are to veteran gamers, I decided that for March we’d veer back into ‘walking simulator’ territory. As well, our game for March will be the first game chosen that is available on formats other than PC (Steam)!

And the IGG game for March is…

Firewatch | Indie Game Gang | Gamerwife.com Firewatch is the first game by indie super studio Campo Santo and is available on Steam or PS4 for $19.99. Yes, it’s a little pricier than some other games we’ve played so far, but it’s a brand new game by a new studio and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

I’m also planning on doing something a little different to help kick off IGG for March, specifically I’m going to dust off my neglected Twitch account and try a little live stream on March 6th if you guys wanted to tune in and watch me play Firewatch. I’m very nervous about this and have no idea what I’m doing, but keep an eye on my Twitter to find out when to tune in.

See you soon!

Erini
    March 1, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Firewatch looks sooooo beautiful. I cannot wait to get it!!

Natalie Patalie (@natalie_patalie)
    March 1, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I’ve had my eye on Firewatch for awhile now, hopefully I can pick it up this month!

March 5, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Yay! Happy to see you in the gang this month!

March 2, 2016 at 7:11 pm

I’ve been wanting to play Firewatch! Sweet! I feel off the boat completely for game playing in Feb (ugh, time management skills…) but I’ve already scheduled myself time to play in March so I don’t miss out. So excited for this game!

March 5, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Yeah, February was tough for me too. Firewatch should be easier for everyone to finish, both in terms of time commitment and skill level. Very excited!

Friday I'm In Love #152 - Gamerwife
    March 4, 2016 at 9:00 am

[…] How was your week? Mine was pretty busy helping out at Arcade 11 and checking out all the cool games at the Pixelles Incubator 4 Showcase. This weekend will include a return to D&D, a big family dinner and my Twitch debut to kickoff Indie Game Gang’s March edition. […]

March 4, 2016 at 3:40 pm

I really want to play Firewatch. It looks like it is going to be a pretty amazing game. I also love that you never see your character and you have to do through the world. It looks like so much fun!

March 5, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I’m really looking forward to it. Hopefully you can join in the gang this month. 🙂

March 5, 2016 at 2:46 pm

If I can get it for PS4 I will give it a go!