Geek Life

Monthly Favorites February 2016

Monthly Favorites February 2016 | Gamerwife.com

Monthly Favorites February 2016 | Gamerwife.com
Despite Montreal finally getting winter and turning into the ice planet Hoth, I was surprisingly social and productive this month. Go me.

I attended a soap making workshop. I finally wrote some more articles for remeshed.com. I got to hang out with the kids from Cardboard Utopia at Montreal Joue and help them demo Children of Zodiarcs. I volunteered at Arcade 11. And I even celebrated a birthday. Snow-shmo. Let’s have fun!

Here are all my monthly favorites for February. Be warned: There’s a lot of them.

Stuff I talked about in this video:

Kat Von D Ink Liner in Nerdrum
David’s Teas Cadamom French Toast Black Tea
Squish Candies Licorice (Salty Raspberry not available online)
The Originals
Shadowhunters
Viridi
Lifeline

There are no affiliate links in this list, these are just stuff I’m really genuinely into this month that I think you’ll love too.

What were you loving this month?

Kendall Ashley
    February 24, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I loooove Kat Von D’s makeup.

February 24, 2016 at 1:18 pm

I’ve only tried out her eyeliners and one of the liquid lipsticks, but I’m definitely impressed.

February 24, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Ahhh Shadowhunters. 😀 And a soap making workshop – sweet! I’ve always wanted to learn that process.

February 26, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Which reminds me, I should check on how my little soap babies are doing… It’s be a few more weeks until they are usable, but I’m already dreaming of all the cool soaps I’ll make in the future.

Emma W
    February 25, 2016 at 9:32 am

I am so unbelievably obsessed with The Originals! I’m finally up to date, but my life feels incredibly boring without the show – sad times!

February 26, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Yeah, it was actually a little sad realizing that I was going to have to wait a WHOLE WEEK for new episodes when I managed to catch up. Such delicious drama.

February 26, 2016 at 2:57 am

I have to admit I really enjoy The Originals too! I’m very much team Nicolas. <3 <3 I couldn't find Shadowhunters streaming to watch the poor quality glory. love your hair Mariko!!!

February 26, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Thank you, Dina. It’s really been cooperating lately, not sure what that’s about. I think Shadowhunters is a Netflix exclusive, but it is still a weekly show. And while I’m decidedly team Elijah, I can certainly understand the Nick love.

February 29, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Definitely trying out Viridi!

March 1, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I have a feeling you’ll really enjoy it. I love checking in on my virtual plant babies and watching them get bigger.

March 5, 2016 at 6:41 am

You had me at the eyeliner and licorice – oh my gosh!

March 5, 2016 at 1:22 pm

That licorice is the shizz… I’ve gone through two bags of the stuff in the last month. It’s getting to be an expensive habit. :s

Jessica | Pyreflies.org
    March 6, 2016 at 12:30 am

I love that eyeliner! Looks really pretty on you!
    You look SO cute fangirling over the originals! haha! I haven’t even watched the vampire diaries… I watched one episode, just the beginning but was kind of bored. But only because I had just finished watching Beauty and the Beast (another CW show) so I think I was kind of bored of the whole fantasy/dark theme. I’ll probably watch it eventually! everyone seems to like that show!

March 6, 2016 at 10:34 am

I’m definitely more into The Originals than Vampire Diaries, but they keep doing cross-over episodes so I have to watch both, lol.