Style & Gift Guides

Birthday Wishlist

Birthday Wish List | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

This year, I turn 37.

No, really.

Yes, I take advantage of the fact that I look a good ten years younger than my actual age, and being a geek I’m also not the best at adulting, but I have to say that my thirties have definitely been my favourite decade so far.

Yes, my twenties were fun and full of adventures, but there was also so much angst and uncertainty. Hitting my thirties was almost a relief because it seemed like I could finally stop striving and really accept myself for who I am.

As I get ever closer to 40, I realize that my life is probably not what a lot of 37 year olds would want, but I’m feeling more confident, secure and less BS tolerant than ever before. I sincerely doubt I will have any fucks left by the time I actually hit 40.

All that said, I am still a greedy little child at heart, with material wants to go with all the wisdom and XP I’ve earned.

Here’s what I’m hoping to get this year:

Birthday Wishlist

1. Flying Squirrel Pin – Boy Girl Party: Little known fact about me, I love squirrels. I even remember dressing up as one for a pageant once in some nature camp I was in. Flying squirrels are even better because, obviously, they can fly. I’m really into using pins to dress up my blazers and cardigans, and this one is just too cute to pass up.

2. Deluxe Handbag of Holding – ThinkGeek: Every girl needs a good handbag and my current bag of holding is looking rather worse for wear. I really like asking for practical things as presents and the numerous pockets on this baby make it especially practical. Also, stylish and nerdy.

3. BB-8 Earrings – lilipop: I’m so in love with my R2D2 earrings by lilipop, I wear them nearly every day and they are amazing conversation starters. Like everyone else, BB-8 has stolen my heart, so it only makes sense that I have earrings with him on them too. (Yes, I’m aware that BB-8 is a droid and therefore without gender…)

4. Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime Special Edition – Indiebox: I haven’t gotten one for awhile, but this month’s Indiebox is for a game I’m dying to play with Rick (Indie Game Date?), so why not get it with all the bells and whistles? I’ve also heard a rumour that this one might come with a plushie, which is almost too much cuteness for me to handle.

5. Chocolate Bon Bons Palette – Too Faced: I got the Semi-Sweet palette by Two Faced just before Christmas and I am completely in love with it. The smell, the colours, the texture… This newest palette in the Chocolate line has even more gorgeous purple and blues and they’re heart shaped?! Swoon.

Do you still make birthday wishlists?

Jessica Pyreflies
    February 22, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I had no clue you were in your 30s! You look so much younger! People tell me I look a lot younger too, it’s kind of annoying though lol I swear some 14 year olds look older than me which is just sad and scary lol I hope you get everything on your list!

February 23, 2016 at 10:59 am

Thanks, Jessica!

Sophierocious
    February 22, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Omg! I love those BB-8 earrings! Sooooo adorable!

My birthday is in a month (33!) and I will and always will make a birthday wish list. 😀

February 23, 2016 at 10:58 am

I’m more that a little hoping that Rick took my hints and got them for me, but at $10 I guess they could be a birthday present to myself!

kylacovert
    February 23, 2016 at 6:56 am

I had no idea you were in your 30’s – you look fantastic! Most people who hit 30 seem to say it’s a relief, and that those years you really embrace yourself.

And of course, I love making birthday wishlists! I love those little BB-8 earrings.

February 23, 2016 at 10:58 am

Thanks! The best is when college kids try to hit on me on the metro. The horrified looks when I tell them my age. Priceless. And yes, aren’t those earrings the cutest?

February 23, 2016 at 9:36 am

i turn 38 this year and i am so very much like you – i enjoy my thirties more than my twenties. i wish i can stage in my thirties forever. i never had issues turning 30 but for a little bit i was a bit scared of turning 40 — i think i just had a certain image. but we recently befriended a few folks who were in their forties and so they have changed my perspective in joining their age group so inching toward the 4-0 isn’t as daunting. 🙂 i guess looking younger than my actual age helps too? i recently was carded at trader joe’s and i told the guy i was 37 and he wouldn’t believe me and said i had a fake ID. Then he said I’m 40! Tell me what I did wrong! 🙂 Happy 3-7 to you! Here’s to little greedy childish hearts forever!

February 23, 2016 at 10:56 am

Yeah, I’m starting to get a little apprehensive about my 40’s but mostly because my life feels so different that what most people assume 40 should feel like. But yeah, I guess meeting more people with a different experience of 40 would help.

February 23, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Oooh I love that eye shadow palette! Lovely shades!
    Also, I knew you were in your 30s only because you’d mentioned it before but I always forget as you really do look like you’re in your 20s! You will forever be my age in my head haha, I hope that’s alright.

February 23, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Thanks! I know I don’t feel my age.

Mia
    February 23, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Okay WHAT! I had no clue you were even in your 30s, as everyone else has said! Congrats on the genetics, haha! You’ve got some great picks on here too 🙂 I think it’s great that you like what you like, even if ~other~ people your age wouldn’t. Like you said, who cares!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

February 23, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Bahahaha… Yeah, I guess the Asian hides age pretty well. Until I turn 50 and magically get permed hair and start shrinking. lol

Thank you!

Heather @ The Nerdy Fox
    February 23, 2016 at 3:58 pm

It’s been so long since I’ve been to your blog! I love how it looks! Those BB8 earrings are to die for!

Plus, you look WAY younger than 37. Asian genes are awesome.

February 23, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Hey Heather! Thanks so much!

Celeste
    February 24, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Happy Birthday Mariko! I highly recommend the Handbag of Holding. I just got one myself and it’s fantastic (but also really big)!

February 24, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Thanks, Celeste! And that’s very good to know. 🙂

*Mandy*
    February 24, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Happy birthday! I do make birthday wishlists, but then I just end up buying everything I want for myself. Haha! 😉 <3 <3 <3 <3

February 24, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Yeah, that’ll probably happen for me too. Rick and I are much more into getting each other experiences as gifts, so if I want stuff I usually get it for myself.

Danielle @ From Girlie to Nerdy
    February 24, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Happy Birthday – love those earrings and the palette 🙂

February 26, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Thanks. I have a feeling they’re both going to be end up being gifts to myself. 😉

Vamp It Up Mcr (Chrissie)
    February 25, 2016 at 10:13 am

Happy Birthday Mariko (cool name by the way)! I love how rich the colours are in this Two Faced palette, much better to show up on medium/golden skin tones ^_^

February 26, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Thank you! It’s actually my middle name, but I’ve been using it as my first name since I was 13. And yes, I’m so excited for the new rich colours in that palette.

March 5, 2016 at 6:30 am

Woohoo for having that youthful appearance (not that 37 isn’t still youthful but looking a little younger can never hurt) and I hear ya on the thirties 🙂 🙂 Each year I’m loving life more than the next! Sorry if I’ve missed your birthday, been super slack on the internet front but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

March 5, 2016 at 1:22 pm

No need to apologize. Other than an excuse for a gift guide I don’t tend to make a big deal out of my birthday. And yay for being in your thirties!