Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.
This year, I turn 37.
Yes, I take advantage of the fact that I look a good ten years younger than my actual age, and being a geek I’m also not the best at adulting, but I have to say that my thirties have definitely been my favourite decade so far.
Yes, my twenties were fun and full of adventures, but there was also so much angst and uncertainty. Hitting my thirties was almost a relief because it seemed like I could finally stop striving and really accept myself for who I am.
As I get ever closer to 40, I realize that my life is probably not what a lot of 37 year olds would want, but I’m feeling more confident, secure and less BS tolerant than ever before. I sincerely doubt I will have any fucks left by the time I actually hit 40.
All that said, I am still a greedy little child at heart, with material wants to go with all the wisdom and XP I’ve earned.
Here’s what I’m hoping to get this year:
1. Flying Squirrel Pin – Boy Girl Party: Little known fact about me, I love squirrels. I even remember dressing up as one for a pageant once in some nature camp I was in. Flying squirrels are even better because, obviously, they can fly. I’m really into using pins to dress up my blazers and cardigans, and this one is just too cute to pass up.
2. Deluxe Handbag of Holding – ThinkGeek: Every girl needs a good handbag and my current bag of holding is looking rather worse for wear. I really like asking for practical things as presents and the numerous pockets on this baby make it especially practical. Also, stylish and nerdy.
3. BB-8 Earrings – lilipop: I’m so in love with my R2D2 earrings by lilipop, I wear them nearly every day and they are amazing conversation starters. Like everyone else, BB-8 has stolen my heart, so it only makes sense that I have earrings with him on them too. (Yes, I’m aware that BB-8 is a droid and therefore without gender…)
4. Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime Special Edition – Indiebox: I haven’t gotten one for awhile, but this month’s Indiebox is for a game I’m dying to play with Rick (Indie Game Date?), so why not get it with all the bells and whistles? I’ve also heard a rumour that this one might come with a plushie, which is almost too much cuteness for me to handle.
5. Chocolate Bon Bons Palette – Too Faced: I got the Semi-Sweet palette by Two Faced just before Christmas and I am completely in love with it. The smell, the colours, the texture… This newest palette in the Chocolate line has even more gorgeous purple and blues and they’re heart shaped?! Swoon.