Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #150

The Original 9 - Street Fighter by Peter Forsman | Friday I'm In Love #150 | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

The Original 9 – Street Fighter by Peter Forsman available at Society 6

Hello sweeties!

Man, what a week. I learned how to make soap, tested some rad games at the Pixelles incubator playtest, finally wrote some more for remeshed.com and got to do some really fun client work! This weekend will involve watching some MMA, helping demo Children of Zodiarcs at Montreal Joue & hopefully cashing in on that massage I ordered off the Sexy Menu. *wink*

Link Time!
How video games let transgender people be themselves.

A note to convention goers: please refrain from being immature, property damaging wallocks.

Jason Rohrer is the subject of the first solo art museum retrospective dedicated to a video game designer.

NEED! NEED! NEED!

What does a game writer actually do?

In defense of Bayonetta as a feminist game heroine.

Yes, I’m still skeptical about the broad appeal of VR, but I agree that it will rely on games that give you space to wander and get lost.

File this one under, “well, duh.”

Who says retro gaming has to be clunky.

And finally, how not to write a paper.

February 19, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Lying Cat plushie…yes. I’m so excited for Children of Zodiarcs! Though the hubs and I had a giant talk about it today (last day of the Kickstarter) and did decide not to back it. They reached their stretch goal to have it released on PS4, and both myself and the hubs would prefer to play it on a console, and there weren’t any backing options for the console copy. So instead we’ll be buying it when it’s available. If you try it out, let me know what you think? I’m so curious!

February 21, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I actually got a chance to play the new combat demo of Children of Zodiarcs last night (I was helping to show it off, after all) and I was really impressed. It looks incredible polished for a pre-alpha demo and the tactics combat was even more fun than I expected. The cards and dice were actually a really fun addition to the tactics aspect, not a distraction, so I’m sure you and your husband will love it when you do get a chance to play it.

February 19, 2016 at 9:04 pm

I like that piece on transgenders. Really thought provoking stuff right there! I think this hits kind of close to home with it still not being legal to be a transgender in the military so to speak. Although the government has no stance of it, it is up to the service member’s leadership what they will do about it. There is a woman stationed here in Hawai’i that is a woman but her leadership refuses to use male pronouns and as such makes her address herself as a man.

February 21, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Crazy, but not surprising. At least things do seem to be moving in a kinder, more accepting direction, so eventually the military will have to change too.

February 21, 2016 at 5:37 am

Oh you made soap – that’s fun 🙂 Have you seen some of the ridiculous awesome soaps people sell on etsy #futurelifegoals 🙂 🙂 I also don’t get why people love vandalising stuff, okay that might be a bit much coming from someone that love street art, but yeah more on the “let’s just wreck things” attitude – why! Cons might have to raise their prices to cover damage which becomes suckful for the 99% of people doing the right thing 🙂

February 21, 2016 at 12:38 pm

I actually have some pipe dreams to sell my own soaps and natural beauty products (for men!) on Etsy some day. And yeah, that article about vandalism was just sad. Don’t people understand they’re biting the hand that feeds them?