Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #148

Mass Effect-English Bay by Therealmcgee | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Mass Effect-English Bay by Therealmcgee | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Mass Effect-English Bay by Therealmcgee available at Society 6

Hello sweeties! How was your week?

Ours was quiet but good. Started a new client project, kicked off month two of Indie Game Gang, and caught up with friends. Not sure what the weekend holds yet, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a good one.

Link Time!
Wanna get into game design but don’t know where to start? Remeshed has an awesome list of resources for newbie game devs.

Stop what you’re doing and look at these cosplaying pugs. You’re welcome.

Man do I understand this: Imposter syndrome and game developers.

Such a cute pin OMG!

30 totally rad female game protagonists that aren’t Lara Croft.

Does the game part hurt or help so called “empathy games“?

Fight like a girl.

How video game romances can be a safe place to examine sexual orientation.

When the mini-games are better than the actual game you’re playing.

And finally, the greatest gif in the history of the internet.

February 5, 2016 at 9:12 am

Bwahaha that gif! Also, love the list of female protagonists. So happy to see Jade from Beyond Good & Evil on there. That is one of my favorite games of all time, and she is such a wonderful char!

February 5, 2016 at 1:42 pm

I keep wondering why they haven’t rebooted that game yet. The fanbase is there and the time is right. What are you waiting for, Ubisoft?

February 5, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I’m not sure about empathy games yet. Only because I seek to find a person in a game that looks like me. That way an I sympathize with the plight of my character. I think that is why games that allow you to make your own avatar are the ones I’m most drawn to.

February 5, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I think that games are specially equipped for helping to teach people about empathy because of the first person perspective, but sometimes the “game” part of those types of games can take away from the emotional impact.

Angie Y
    February 6, 2016 at 10:51 pm

OTTERS!

I have absolutely no issues with the sexist female characters lists, I love Lara, etc. but I have a lot of other fav female characters and I was so surprised to see Midna on that list, because she’s one of my favorites (and I have a crush on her.) I’d LOVE to cosplay as imp!Midna. Amaterasu! I want to play Okami so bad. ;.; CLEMENTINE! How can anyone NOT think Clementine is one of the best characters EVER?!

Haha, that gif of Finn! I’ve seen that one on Tumblr. He’s so great, and him and Poe are cute together. I don’t ship him with Rey (I’m Kylo Ren x Rey all the way), but I can see them being amazing friends.

February 7, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Yeah, I agree with you re: Rey & Finn. Poor guy has no idea he’s in the friend zone. And I saw the most amazing Midna cosplay at Otakuthon this year. You would have love it.

Kelsey B
    February 8, 2016 at 12:56 am

Lots of great stuff! My favorite is the greatest gif on the internet though! “Fight like a girl’ is awesome too. There were quite a few female knights at a pumpkin festival I went to last year and they kicked butt! love it so much 🙂

February 8, 2016 at 2:35 am

That pumpkin festival sounds mega fun. I’d love to see a female knight in action. I’m sort of obsessed with Brienne of Tarth.