Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #147

Mage Freedom by Watercolorteas | Friday I'm In Love #58 | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Mage Freedom by Watercolorteas | Friday I'm In Love #58 | Gamerwife.com

Mage Freedom by Watercolorteas available at Redbubble

How was your week, sweeties?

Mine was a off week where I let a bunch of opportunities pass me by. But I also joined a new game of D&D that Rick is DMing, so I guess it wasn’t all bad. Now for some rest and reflection so I can attack next week at full force!

Link Time!
Having trouble sticking to your fitness goals? Try one of these fitness games that don’t require a console.

Knitting helps me with my anxiety and depression by giving me something productive to work on when life is a little too much, but that’s just the tip of the health benefits it can offer.

How user research is changing the face of game making.

Exploring the metaphors in the games we grew up playing.

Yet another reason why it’s so important to choose your business partners wisely.

How Fallout 4 uses decorating mechanics to balance individual fulfillment and altruism in a post-apocalyptic world.

The purrfect tea set for my fellow cat lovers!

Not all game jams are the same. Why a veteran jammer opted not to participate in Global Game Jam this year.

Great list of video game scores to listen to when studying or working. I’m personally quite partial to the Life Is Strange soundtrack.

And finally, is character creation your favourite part of starting a new game? Here are 9 games you should try out.

Kayly Nyman
    February 2, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Awesome that you’re D&Ding! I hope you enjoy it. Wishing you the best for taking this week by storm. 🙂 Also, that art at the top – fantastic. I don’t even know the reference, but I really like the style!

February 3, 2016 at 3:04 am

I’ve been in a couple of games before, but this is the first time I really feel invested in my character, which is making it a lot more fun for me. And the image is actually a Dragon Age reference. 🙂

February 3, 2016 at 8:08 am

i totally read that knitting article on NYT and loved it! i have been in a knitting funk but trying to get back into it. i have so many things i want to make but for some reason it seems so daunting..

February 3, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Hmm… maybe start with something small and fun to ease yourself back into it? I always feel a little spent after scrambling to finish Xmas projects so this year I used my leftovers from those projects to make myself some fun hats and I’ve managed to catch the knitting bug again.

February 5, 2016 at 5:55 am

I’ve seen that cat teapot before but never realised it had little legs!! So cute, definitely up my alley – cats and teapots (that sounds lame but definitely true!) he he he

February 5, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Not lame! Cats and tea forever!!

February 5, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I’m finally on on the decline from finals but class started only a day afterwards so I’m like ughhhhh.

February 5, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Oh no! Hopefully you’ll find some time for yourself this weekend.