Indie Game Date

Indie Game Date: Chariot

Indie Game Date: Chariot | Gamerwife.com

GloriousChariot Rick and I had been meaning to do a Let’s Play of Chariot by Frima Studio since the thing came out over a year ago, but we had to keep putting it off for various reasons. The biggest obstacle for this Let’s Play was getting two PC controllers since normally if we’re playing couch co-op it’s on the PS4 where we already have two controllers, or someone (Rick) gets stuck playing on the keyboard. That does not work for Chariot, so we had to suck it up and get another controller, which we really should have done ages ago so I could play on my laptop without waiting for Rick to stop playing with his.

Chariot is a deceptively simple looking game, with gorgeous art and cartoony characters, but all that belies some truly treacherous puzzles. The game is actually quite deep with lots of collectables and things to craft, but we only scratched that absolute surface of what the game has to offer in our short play through. I really love how truly co-operative Chariot is as a game, even if it did result in more than one squabble.

Chariot is available on Steam or for PS4, PS3, WiiU and XBox One.

January 14, 2016 at 5:49 am

such team work! and hey, nothing wrong with expanding on what fun is 🙂

January 17, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Hehe. Thanks, Fee.

Kyla
    January 14, 2016 at 8:54 pm

OH MY GOD Chariot is amazing. I was lucky enough to play it at PAX last year and was hooked. I even made a costume of it, but I never shot it properly. It really is one of those “couples” games that results in a lot of yelling, but is still fun 🙂

January 17, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Yeah, despite all my whining I had a blast playing Chariot. I kind of wish we had it on the PS4 so we could play it together on the couch, but we’ll definitely be looking to pour more hours into it in the new year.

Martin
    January 19, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Nice Let’s Play Mariko and Eric. It always makes me happy to watch people playing Chariot together, especially couples because that’s what we had in mind while making the game. I believe we met twice during PAXes right ? – Martin, the executive producer of Chariot.

January 19, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Hey Martin! Thanks for commenting. And yes, I think we’ve met a couple of times at PAXes. Will you guys be at PAX East this year?

Martin
        January 20, 2016 at 8:57 am

I do not know if I’ll be there, but for sure some of my colleagues will be there with their awesome new VR game: Fated. A must see :-).

January 20, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Cool, I’ll be sure to check it out if I go!