Friday I'm In Love

Star Wars I’m In Love

I Meow You - Cat Wars by PixelPower | Star Wars I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

I Meow You - Cat Wars by PixelPower | Star Wars I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

I Meow You – Cat Wars by PixelPower available at Society 6

Since Rick and I FINALLY got to see The Force Awakens earlier this week and, like most people on the internet we are in love with it, I thought it would be fun to pop in with a round-up of the best Star Wars links I could find to help ease your post-Christmas blues. Or at the very least keep you entertained while you battle the lines during boxing day.

*BEWARE* There will be spoilers.

Link Time!

“The Joseph Campbell archetype is no longer a frat.”

These kill me. Every. Last. One.

Marcia Lucas‘ forgotten legacy.

My new favourite Tumblr.

And my new favourite Twitter feed.

Also, this article fantastically lays out why Rey is so fantastic, and so desperately needed in the Star Wars cinematic universe.

Insane Frenchmen decided the Star Wars theme needed lyrics. In the 70’s. Results on par with what you’d expect.

I’ll just take everything in the Musterbrand Star Wars collection. Kthnxbi

Thought provoking alternate reading of the original trilogy.

And finally, 8 Star Wars games you should play while you wait for the next film.

Molly
    December 27, 2015 at 5:33 am

I absolutely LOVED Star Wars – I was so worried about all the hype – and even after people started seeing it and saying it was great – I still had my doubts – but OMG! It was amazing!
    – Molly

January 5, 2016 at 9:47 pm

I mean, it’s not like it’s the most amazing movie ever created. Yes, it’s derivative. Yes, it’s campy. But it’s Star Wars the way I imagine Star Wars and that’s why we all love it.

December 27, 2015 at 11:55 am

I’ve seen it twice now (took my dad and brother over this weekend!) and I adore it. It is an absolutely brilliant example of homage done right, and the character development was just exquisite. While it wasn’t perfect, I absolutely loved it. Glad you liked it too!

January 5, 2016 at 9:46 pm

I just love that it ‘felt’ like Star Wars. They even had all the 70’s hair dos.

Hadas Ben-Tsur
    December 28, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Mariko, thanks for this list! I’m going to reference it on mine too. Also, small thing, but I LOVE that you make links open in a new tab.

Did you have a favorite scene?

January 5, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Thanks, Hadas. And yeah, I’m very picky about the new tabs thing. I’m not sure if I had one favourite scene, I feel like the first time I saw it I was all emotions but now I’d like to see it again to catch everything I missed due to feels.

December 29, 2015 at 9:55 am

We’re going to see it in early January when all our guest dogs leave. Can’t wait!

January 5, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Can’t wait to hear what you think!

December 31, 2015 at 2:42 am

I’m probably the only person on the internet who is not a big Star Wars kid but I did enjoy the film and I thought Rey was a definite kick arse character!! 🙂

January 5, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Yes, Rey is awesome and I so happy so many people are excited about her.

Love Star Wars, I did. See it twice, I did. - Life Plus Geek
    January 2, 2016 at 12:56 am

[…] not to participate in the conversation. And before I any further, I think everyone should go check this post out. It has several lovely links to a bunch of things Star Wars-related and warms my geeky […]

sparklegirljen
    January 7, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Star Wars was amazing and that article about Rey is perfection.

January 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Isn’t it, though? It’s such an inspiring time to be a lady geek.