Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #139

We Are Diamond Dogs by BleachedInk | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

We Are Diamond Dogs by BleachedInk | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

We Are Diamond Dogs by BleachedInk available at Redbubble

Hello sweeties!

How was your week? Mine seemed extra long since it really started last weekend with the GAMERella game jam (I was there as a journalist, not a participant) and then rolled into the week with the Montreal International Games Summit on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week has been all about catching up and delivering the stories I was researching at the two events. I’ll be sure to post links whenever an article goes live!

This weekend will likely involve more catching up, plus a nice family dinner and some filming with my friend Gina for her geek girl documentary.

What are you guys up to this weekend?

Link Time!
Exploring the fantasy that is GamerGate.

Even better when read after this piece on the science behind wanting to believe that all opinions are valid.

Surreal walking simulator Anamorphine (made by my friends!) and the rise of the first person narrative game.

Being a transplant to a place with actual winters means this is something I have to actively work at. Raclette parties help.

Super rad high school students are making an opera in Minecraft.

Why maybe you shouldn’t terrify your cat with a cucumber (even if it is hilarious).

Bioshock Infinite Cocktail recipe! Just in time for the holiday party season.

No, I don’t have to smile because you told me to.

Fabulous guide for aspiring GMs.

And finally, looks like 2015 was a banner year for ladies in FPS.

Kendall Ashley
    November 20, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Oh my gosh. I never knew before today how much I needed a Minecraft opera!

November 20, 2015 at 4:28 pm

I love that they’re doing it live in the game and on stage at the same time. Such a neat way of mixing mediums and cultures.

November 21, 2015 at 11:22 am

Scaring cats with cucumbers…oh internet….how did that become a thing?

November 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I dunno, but I never want it to end.

November 22, 2015 at 6:25 am

Ben mentioned to me about the cucumber video and I have to say the thought occurred to us to try it on Gremlin but I agree 100% with that article, it’s not cool to make your friends scared! If I could ban people from scaring myself I would. I’m such a scaredy cat and jump and scream when people frighten me, which only gives others more motivation to do it. So cats, I can sympathise!

November 22, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Yeah, I hate being surprised. But our cats are such smug little jerks I’m okay with them being taken down a peg every now and again. Just kidding, I spoil them rotten all the time, brat or not.

November 23, 2015 at 3:39 am

Scaring your cat with a cucumber is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen! I was rolling!

November 23, 2015 at 9:19 am

Cats are such hilarious, strange creatures.

Kyla
    November 23, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Thanks for including my Bioshock drinks here! Reading that GamerGate article was really helpful – I had only heard bits and pieces over the past few weeks but that article was great for connecting the dots that I had been hearing. All I can say is, what an embarrassment to the gaming community.

November 24, 2015 at 9:51 am

No problem Kyla, they look super-yummy! And yeah, embarrassment is the right word for GG. I have no idea how it’s still a thing.