Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #138

Low Polygon Wrex by Eple | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Low Polygon Wrex by Eple | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Low Polygon Wrex by Eple available at Redbubble

Hello sweeties,

Man, I have a feeling you’re going to think I’m a plague magnate with how often I seem to get sick. Hopefully I’ll start too feel better soon since my weekend is positively jam-packed. Saturday is day 1 of the GAMERella game jam that I’ll be covering on behalf of remeshed, and then on Sunday I’ll actually be attending MIGS thanks to the awesome ladies at Pixelles.

Both events are going to be more work than play for me, but I’m sure I’ll find a way to sneak in some fun while I’m at it. The start of next week will also be taken up by MIGS as that’s when all the sessions and parties will be happening so hopefully I can schmooze my way to some more freelance work. Luckily Rick is okay with me being a social butterfly since all he cares about right now is Fallout 4.

Link Time!
I am so in love with this eloquent and exhaustive post great female character designs by my lovely friend Keezy Young.

Excellent question! Can diverse characters get you to try a genre you aren’t into?

On black hair, representation, and why diversity of characters and race matters.

I’ve totally been guilty of this.

Great tips on why you need more than a great video game idea, you also need a great pitch.

How cosplay has changed over the years.

Cannot wait until I have time to sit down with this 30 minute documentary about my favourite developers, Telltale Games.

Advice for aspiring game devs from Kara Stone.

I’m actually shocked that Activision made such a big deal about the female protagonist thing when their implementation seems so lazy.

And finally, this cat sounds just like a Tribble!

What are you up to this weekend?

November 13, 2015 at 2:27 pm

LOVED the article on female character designs! I agree completely with it! This quote: “There’s nothing wrong with sexy—just diversify your character designs enough that it actually means something. If sexy is default, sexy isn’t sexy anymore.” YES!
    Enjoy your busy weekend – hope you feel better for it!

November 13, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Yup, Keezy’s amazing. And thanks!

Stephanie Medeiros
    November 13, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Man that post about cosplay changing over the years really hit the nostalgia bone! Remember when digital cameras were still new-ish, expensive, and hard to get so most pictures had to be on disposables and then taken in to be developed (and you hoped they looked decent). Also remember the VERY small selection for materials when cosplaying. One of my first cosplays was from Final Fantasy 8 and I have zero pictures of it because of this struggle, haha.

November 13, 2015 at 4:15 pm

I can even remember when it was only something from Japan and I thought North Americans who did it were total weirdos. My times have changed.

Kendall Ashley
    November 13, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Oh my gosh that McSweeney’s article is hilarious. It also reminds me of a story about my dog…

November 13, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Bahahaha…

November 14, 2015 at 4:07 am

I’m going to settle in for a long weekend with the little at parks and Dragon Age.

November 18, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Nice! I really need to give Inquisition a try myself. Just need to wait until Rick isn’t playing Fallout 4…

November 15, 2015 at 2:02 am

Aww tribble, glad he got a nice home in the end, love that he was their test cat too 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Yeah, I’m glad that one had a happy ending. And he’s so perfectly named too!