Geek Life

Office Tour 2015

Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com

Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
I realized it’s been a while since I’d shown off my office space and since I just reorganized a few things and got a new (to me, anyways) laptop, I figured it was time to give you all a full look at where I spend the majority of my time.

Office Tour - Desk | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
I got this desk on Craigslist ages ago and keep telling myself I’m going to paint it, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I really like burning candles while I work and luckily my awesome penpal keeps sending me her amazing nerdy themed candles so I always something nice to help set the mood. I also keep a pile of note pads nearby in case I need to jot stuff down while researching.

Office Tour - Inspiration Board | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
I also took advantage of this time to refresh my inspiration board. I used to use it for holding bits of information, but now it’s full of things that make me smile, like fan art and novelty post cards. It’s also been a good place for me to display my ever growing collection of buttons.

Office Tour - Frankie & Bride | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
Next to the window, above my inspiration board I have another mini cork board I made for displaying my enamel pins, most of them from various PAXs. I also hide my mini Frankenstein’s monster and his bride here.

Office Tour - Funko POPs | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
Now that I’ve rehung my big long self I have a place to display all my collectible toys, including my Pops. As expected, my alien space boyfriend Garrus takes pride of pace.

Office Tour - Vanity | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
Behind my desk is my vanity area. The office is actually an offshoot of our bedroom, with a curtain separating the two rooms, but it’s pretty small so parts of it spill into the office. I’ve pretty much run out of room for makeup, so I guess that means I can’t collect anymore. lol

Office Tour - Aloe & Shelves | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
Next to the vanity are more things that make me smile and an aloe plant. I love having lots of green things in my office, I find them very inspiring. Sadly, I seem to be cursed with a black thumb so I tend to just replace them when they inevitably die.

Office Tour - Altar | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
I also set up a little altar at the far side of office. I’m not a practicing witch by any means, but I like the idea of bringing the mystical into my creative space. I also use this area to do daily one card readings using my Linestrider Tarot deck.

Office Tour - Kala House | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com
My favourite part of working from home is kitty cuddles whenever I want them! Kala often sleeps in this cat house while I work, especially when it’s sunny.

Office Tour - Desk & Shelves | Office Tour 2015 | Gamerwife.com

I also put together a little video tour so you can get a better idea of how things are situated. It’s my first time doing this kind of video so I’m eager to hear what you think.

November 11, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Love your space! Looks cozy, and I love all the decor.

November 11, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Thanks! I know some people would call it cluttered but I love covering every last inch of wall in art.

November 11, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Wow, you space looks super comfortable!!! I love it!!! I also love the shot with Kala just sticking her arm out the house and she is asleep! Garrus Love!!!

November 11, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Thanks! Kala is definitely a mama’s girl when I’m working.

November 11, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Cozy!! Once mine is completely I’m gonna share it too!!

November 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Ooh! Can’t wait to see it!

November 12, 2015 at 5:54 pm

It’ll be a bit, as we need to spray paint some things gold and the rain has arrived. We’re hoping for a clear day om a weekend when we can get it done soon!

depepi
    November 14, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I love your office!!! And the kitty! Daww so cute! I also loved the pops. It does look cozy and inspiring 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Thanks! I’m really happy with the new arrangement.

November 15, 2015 at 1:54 am

Okay this is super random but on the drive back from a wedding yesterday super late, I listened to this community radio station which has a program called the ‘witching hour’ and it was all about Tarot and I was thinking to myself, I should get into tarot but then promptly forgot about it until seeing your office tour!!! If you ever get the chance I would love to hear how you do your daily reading or how you use tarot in your life, or anything tarot related because I’m super curious!!

Okay end rambling – your office space is awesome, I love all the art and toys but my favourite thing is how you have Kala’s house so close to your computer!! She is super cute 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I just pull a single card a day and analyze it for clues on how to set my intentions for the day. Usually it’s just a way to tap into what my preoccupations are, but sometimes it does help to keep my goals in mind and keep me on track.

November 16, 2015 at 2:12 pm

i love your space! i am obsessed with making mine just the way i like it – even if it means rearranging every now and then 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Yeah, I definitely edit and rearrange things on a regular basis. I’m a terrible office supply hoarder.

Jessica Pyreflies
    November 19, 2015 at 9:21 pm

It looks so cozy in that last photo! I love your inspiration board. You have a cool button collection going on!

• Penny for your thoughts...