Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #135

Horror Game by Lily's Factory | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Horror Game by Lily's Factory | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Horror Game by Lily’s Factory available at Society6

I know I might be started to sound like a broken record, but ever since I finally just sat myself down and decided to take freelancing seriously things at Gamerwife HQ have been pretty great. I just love feeling focused and productively and I love the way it spills into the rest of my life. This was definitely helped this week by the arrival of Ada, my new laptop and my newly renovated office space. Don’t worry, I’ve got a full office tour planned soon, so stay tuned for that.

In other rad news, my first piece for awesome lady gaming site Remeshed went up this week. It’s all about narrative games and TV, with a special focus on Life Is Strange. Have you guys played episode 5 yet? I suddenly got busy and haven’t carved out time yet but I’m hoping to get some time with it this weekend, so no spoilers!

This weekend will include a special potluck brunch and sewing workshop with Geek Girl Brunch Montreal, a knitting date with new friends and hopefully a movie date to see Crimson Peaks (even if Rick is a total scaredy-cat).

Link Time!
Speaking of remeshed, check out their list of 5 games with excellent female friendships.

5 great vintage games you can play on your mobile device.

Speaking of classic games, here’s some more games predicted to be remade in the near future.

On bridging the gap between video games and interactive fiction.

As a geek, it is super-easy to get distracted and lose focus. Here’s 7 tips for staying focused.

A fabulous smack-down of the idea that “lady streamers are ruining Twitch.”

Why that APA report on video game violence should be taken with some serious salt.

DIY Halloween treats for your pets! via Winding Ridge Lane

What’s the darkest thing you ever did to your Sims?

Every body is a beach-body!

October 23, 2015 at 11:45 am

Showing my dark sense of humor here but I found those Sims death to be hilarious!!

Also, reporting about happiness never gets old. Glad to hear things are great! 🙂

October 23, 2015 at 11:52 am

Thanks! It’s nice to be in a positive space, and feeling so lost. And yes, Sim torture is always hilarious.

depepi
    October 24, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Awww new Laptop 😀 😀 and newly renovated office space <3 That sounds pretty good 🙂 I won't be able to watch Crimson Peak till December 😮 So, please no spoilers LOL
    Why do we love toruting sims??? LOL

Stephanie Medeiros
    October 25, 2015 at 11:51 am

Thanks for the shout out! 🙂 Awesome list of links here, so many tabs opened!

October 26, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Thanks! I’m pretty proud of this week.

October 25, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Can’t wait to see the office tour Mariko!

October 26, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Thanks! Still deciding whether to do a video or just a post…

October 26, 2015 at 6:59 am

Ever since you first got me onto to habitica I’ve loved it 🙂 I die quite a lot (need to remember to hit vacation mode :P) but it has really streamlined my everyday to-dos and been a really great addition to my online life! *two thumbs up*

October 26, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Yeah, I think I need to get back to it. I’ve been using a physical planner lately, but Habitica was just so good for all those recurring tasks.

October 27, 2015 at 11:42 am

vintage games! i have definitely played baldur’s gate and secret of mana. oh my goodness. i forgot about those and it totally TOTALLY brought back memories. thanks for including the halloween diy link too! 🙂

October 27, 2015 at 12:49 pm

It was too cute not to include! And I’m happy to have brought back some good gaming memories for you.