Geek Life

September Favourites 2015

September Favourites 2015 | Gamerwife.com

Alright, so I’m back to including cosmetic favourites in my regular monthly favourite videos. And I’m no longer producing videos for N00b Beauty. I know, it seems like I didn’t even give it a chance, but I realized that it was better to focus on what I know and try to make this blog and my writing the best they can be. I was spreading myself too thin, didn’t have the resources to do what I wanted to do with my videos, and as a result wasn’t having as much fun as I thought I should.

So, I’m back to one channel, where I’m going to put all of my video focus and make it the BEST channel it can possibly be.

And be sure to check out the description box for details about everything mentioned in my September favourites.

What were you into in September?

September 30, 2015 at 11:07 am

I think it’s wise to recognize when you’re spreading yourself too thin. And I look forward to your beauty vids on Gamerwife!

September 30, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Thanks! I probably won’t be doing a lot of beauty vids, but I did promise you all a Rick makeover…

September 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I really should start getting into comics. Those look cool! ^^

September 30, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I usually buy my comics as trade paperback collections since I’m not good at remembering to buy them when the come out. You totally should read comics, all the ones I mentioned are GREAT!

Mia
    September 30, 2015 at 8:06 pm

I love your monthly faves no matter what form they take. 🙂

September 30, 2015 at 8:34 pm

D’aww, thanks lady.

October 1, 2015 at 4:30 am

Totes understand about spreading yourself too thin – I hope there’s still a chance to do rick’s makeup though *fingers crossed* Oh yum yum – to the chocolate bronzer/makeup and No.1!!!! Wooohooo!!!

October 1, 2015 at 11:44 am

Oh, that makeup video with Rick is TOTALLY happening. And chocolate makeup is totally my new obsession.

Kendall Ashley
    October 1, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Good for you on backing off when you need to. I’m SO BAD at that. I’m excited to see your channel continue to grow!

October 1, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Thanks! It was a tough call to make since I was SOOO excited to start, but I feel better sticking to what I know best.

melificentmom
    October 1, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Love your recommendations!!!! I’m currently reading Saga (just finished volume 2) and The Wicked & The Divine, but now I definitely have to get my hands on Rat Queens too after your review! Also, that brush sounds perfect for a newbie makeup fan like me!

October 2, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Yeah, I just discovered Real Techniques brushes. I don’t think they’ve been available in Canada for very long. They’re all great, but that crease brush really impressed me. And totally pick up Rat Queens when you get a chance. It’s so funny and irreverent and because of it my husband is obsessed with playing female Dwarves in all his d&d games.

October 2, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I totally get that. I’m always wondering if I should make videos, I keep tossing it around because i’m not so sure if i have the time to commit to that.

I also love SAGA! I saw the comic while I was in Annapolis and purchased it based off of the cover. Only because at the end I’d just weaned my son and I was missing nursing and I was like yes, this comic is for me! Little did I know it would take me on such an epic journey.

October 2, 2015 at 5:39 pm

SAGA is just so, so good. And yeah, I’ve discovered that I really enjoy making videos, but they do take a lot of work and my resources (time & money) are pretty limited, so I just couldn’t do the makeup stuff at the level I wanted to. But, that also means more time for Let’s Plays and other fun stuff.

October 2, 2015 at 5:59 pm

And I’m just fine with that! 🙂

depepi
    October 3, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Ratqueens!! 😀 😀 I need to buy that one! Yay!!

October 3, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Yes! It just gets better and better!

October 6, 2015 at 11:03 am

love your quick judgement on when you feel like you are spread out too thin! love your monthly fave videos – and cat hair!! lol 🙂 always so full of good info and laughter too!

October 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Thanks! And yeah. Cat hair.