Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #130

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Garrus Vakarian by Alba Palacio | Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife.com

Garrus Vakarian by Alba Palacio available at Society 6

This week hasn’t been the greatest for inspiration, but I have been keeping up with my 30 Days of Yoga Challenge, much to my own surprise. And I’m happy to report that we did receive enough comments on our $20 Husband Makeup Challenge video for Rick to honor his agreement to let me paint his face. Aw, yeah.

Oh, and I also posted a 5 minute face tutorial on my N00b Beauty channel if you wanted to check that out.

This weekend Geek Girl Brunch Montreal is hosting a Tardis Tea Party to celebrate the new season of Doctor Who! I am sooo excited to eat tiny sandwiches, you have no idea. Also, on Saturday is the first ever POP Arcade featuring tons of local indie games. So much excite!

Link Time!
This place has been on my travel bucket list for a while now.

For the last time! It’s okay to like problematic things. Criticism doesn’t equal condemnation!

Will drinking tea make you a whore?

This is my new favourite thing EVAR. Suck it, Kojima.

Speaking of which.

“Maybe I didn’t grow out of video games. Maybe video games just didn’t grow up with me.”

This Gygax approved D&D script from the 80’s sounds like a less fun “Knights of Badassdom.”

How to run an arcade in 2015.

Watch a Disney animator draw in 3D.

The surprising and grueling job of restoring and preserving video games.

And finally, 5 tips for raising a gaming child.

September 18, 2015 at 9:56 am

I also tried the 30 day yoga thing as soon as I saw it on your post last week but for some weird reason I got really nauseous. I’m not sure if it was because I kept trying to look at the TV all the while also concentrating on the poses. Or if all the neck moves were doing a number on me. I never got nauseous doing yoga before and i looked it up and of course it says i might have a liver problem..! what? and then i thought, I knew all those advils were killing me! naw – but in all seriousness, the first day was really easy to follow and i like how she is very loose with everything. i think i desperately need a yoga mat though. doing it on hardwood floors kinda.. hurts..! Happy weekend, Mariko!

Cate
    September 18, 2015 at 10:54 am

30 days of Yoga is the best, I have to admit I’ve fallen off track a bit but starting tomorrow I’m going to start doing some morning Yoga routines again xoxo

September 18, 2015 at 11:02 am

Well, well, well… I found the tea story quite intriguing. I was infact, sipping a cup of tea whilst reading it. To be exact, I’ve already had several cups of tea today… So… Does that make me a whore??? XD
    How I love old articles. It’s so insightful to the ideals people had back in those days. ^^

September 19, 2015 at 3:55 am

Wow, thanks for sharing my post!!

I’m really jealous about the TARDIS Tea party we don’t have anything like the Geek Girls Brunch here in Hawaii. I wish!!!!!!

I have lost done the 30 days of Yoga….and then fell off the train at 25 days. LOL But I did feel much better while accomplishing it.

September 20, 2015 at 4:11 am

The soviet arcade looks amazing and super yay for Rick’s makeup!!!!!

September 21, 2015 at 2:06 pm

I’m so happy people love the idea of painting Rick’s face as much as I do.

September 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Oh my gosh that tea article!! Love that brewing your own beer is clearly the solution haha. Good stuff. Also, I need to start my 30 Days of Yoga!

September 21, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I had to miss a day yesterday and I already feel it. And yeah, beer is clearly the solution to that corrupting tea.