Geek Life

Meowbox Unboxing!

Meowbox Unboxing Title | Meowbox Unboxing | Gamerwife.com
A couple of weeks ago I had the incredible good fortune to win a jumbo Meowbox from Geek Girl Penpals. For those of you not familiar, Meowbox (as the name suggests) is a monthly mystery subscription box geared specifically for felines. Being a true crazy cat lady I’m been meaning to try it out for ages, so I was extra stoked to be getting one for free.

Meowbox closed box | meowbox unboxing | Gamerwife.com
Unsurprisingly, Gatsby could not wait to get into the box, sniffing it and rolling around all over it. But would he be as excited once I got the box open?

Names on Flap | Meowbox Unboxing  | Gamerwife.com
I really liked the fact that they wrote our kitties names on the box. I know, cats can’t ready, but I thought it was a nice touch and shows that Meowbox is just as crazy about cats as their customers.

Gatsby Digging In | Meowbox Unboxing | Gamerwife.com
The INSTANT I got that box open, Gatsby had already stuffed his face into the box to drool all over the Hauspanther Modshaker catnip toy. Although Kala is usually the more rambunctious of our kitties, she’s oddly not that into catnip toys, so Gatsby got to enjoy this one all on his own. I couldn’t even reach in to take out the other items, Gatsby was in full predator mode.

Goodies | Meowbox Unboxing | Gamerwife.com
Luckily, after about an hour of kitty-trippin’ he retired to the bedroom to sleep it off so I could finally get some proper pictures of all the goodies. In addition to the afore mentioned Modshaker, the August box (which is the one we received) had a Fou-Stick in Calm, a Felted Snake toy by Snow Leopard Trust, a sample of Natural Healthy cat food by Nutrience and a Here Kitty Kitty Sampler pack by 4 Paws Pure. I really like that most of the products included are actually Canadian, as Meowbox has Canadian, US & UK options.

The favourite so far is definitely the Modshaker, while the Here Kitty Kitty treats were a little hit and miss (shrimps were gobbled right up, beef was left untouched), but I’m pretty sure that’s just our cats. I haven’t gotten a chance to try out the calm stick or the cat food, but I have a feeling the calm stick will come in handy the next time Kala decides to be extra needy at 3 in the morning.

All in all I was really happy with this box and think it would make an awesome gift for the cat lover in your life.

Do you subscribe to any pet boxes? Would you recommend them?

susanpatrick
    August 24, 2015 at 9:14 am

Very nice! I think I’ll order one of these for my parents’s cats at Christmas.

August 24, 2015 at 5:37 pm

I haven’t tried any of the competing boxes yet, but I was pretty impressed with Meowbox & I like that they support Canadian companies too.

Alice
    August 24, 2015 at 9:32 am

OMG this is such a cool thing! Thanks for sharing 🙂 (love your cat unboxing too!)

August 24, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Hehe. Yeah, Gatsby just could NOT wait to get in there. Kala keeps trying to fit herself in the box, which really isn’t that big, which is super entertaining too.

Joey
    August 24, 2015 at 4:53 pm

It’s about time they had a service like this! Just sent this to all the cat mommy’s in my life. I really hope they sign up!

August 24, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I hope they enjoy it! I’m gonna try out some of the other similar services later and keep you guys posted on what my favourites are.

August 24, 2015 at 7:08 pm

I’ve wanted to try a cat sub box for awhile, and this one looks great! I really like the product selection, and though mine will be different since it’s US I assume it’ll be the same types of things.

August 26, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Yeah, the types of products seem to be similar no matter where you’re ordering from, it’s just the specific manufacturers that seem to differ. Like they all have a mix of food and snacks and toys and “other” stuff.

August 25, 2015 at 1:55 am

Oh the calm stick sounds awesome, we definitely have some issues with car travel with Gremlin and 3am psycho episodes! I think putting both names is really sweet too!

August 26, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Yeah, I think the calm stick would be great for car travel.

Kerri
    August 27, 2015 at 6:41 am

Oh I had no clue this box even existed! How cute is this whole idea? I love that they wrote your cats names on the box! Such a personal touch. 🙂

August 29, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, I really liked that part. I still need to try KitNipBox and of course, the CatLadyBox. 😉

September 2, 2015 at 10:49 am

I loved that picture you shared on Instagram! LOL – cats are such characters! 🙂

• Penny for your thoughts...