Geek Life

June Favourites 2015: Face Goop & Board Games

June Favourites 2015: Face Good & Board Games | Gamerwife.com

Hello! So happy to be back with a new video! What do you think of my new title card? I need some music to go under it, don’t you think? Any recommendations on that front?

Anyhoo, this video is a round up of some of my favourite things from last month. Rick and I have been buying a lot of board games lately so I discuss three of the latest additions to our collection as well as a couple makeup things I’ve been way into lately.

What are you loving this summer?

Lyn @ Lazy Lady
    July 9, 2015 at 10:19 am

I love Smash Up, but I’m also really good at it so no one wants to play with me anymore. Lol.

July 9, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Oh no! I have that problem with trivia games. My mind is too full of random nonsense.

July 9, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I am SO jealous you have Dead of Winter!! We have been dying to get a hold of a copy and it is sold out everywhere, including online often. Can’t wait to play it!

Also, your hair seems so much longer than your last video – it looks great! Love the color so much. 🙂

July 9, 2015 at 2:50 pm

It took me forever to find DoW here. First I could only find the French language version (#MtlProblems), then I found the TableTop Special edition, but it was TWICE the price ($160 CDN!!), so that was a no. Luckily we have an awesome tiny games shop called Chez Geek that somehow always manages to have the latest and greatest and I grabbed it, even if it was a month after Rick’s b-day.

And thanks! I’m trying to grow it out a bit. Still on the fence as to how long I’m going to keep colouring it. It’s so much upkeep, but it’s also so much fun. I can’t decide!

July 10, 2015 at 4:43 am

Oho! That looks like an interesting board game! Recently I got the Adventure Time Monopoly. I have yet to play it. 🙂

July 10, 2015 at 4:44 am

And your hair is just too cool! I love that shade. I recently had some blue highlights put it. Some lighter, some darker. I think I like the darker ones, so I’ll redo it. 🙂

July 10, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Yeah, I’ve started mixing two Manic Panic blue shades to get the right pop of blue. It’s mostly Shocking Blue with just a hint of the turquoise for more zing.

July 10, 2015 at 9:58 am

Man.. there is always going to someone out there who tries to sabotage huh, even in board games! lol I think Yangkyu will really like Dead of Winter – we’ll have to check it out. We love board games but not a lot of our friends do but when we do play it’s usually Clue. lol (or Castle Panic because Yangkyu loves it but I’m not really into it). And it sometimes gets really tricky because some of our friends’ are more comfortable speaking in Korean and so we end up playing bilingually or translating as we play which is always so fun to do ;P

July 10, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Actually, we sort of have the same problem with translating board games since many of friends are Francophone. Usually it’s not a problem, but Dead of Winter has A LOT of writing because it’s so narrative based and Rick ended up having to read our friends cards because they were having trouble with the mountains of text.

July 11, 2015 at 2:32 am

Your makeup and hair looks so cute and*high five* for being mad about board games! I’m a little scared of long board games but I’d honestly play any 🙂 Dead of Winter sounds amazing!

July 11, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Thank you! And Dead of Winter is surprisingly fun for what looks like such a complicated game.

Friday I'm In Love #120 - Gamerwife
    February 3, 2016 at 4:48 am

[…] week. Made a new video, caught up on a ton of stuff, managed to eat only home cooked meals all week (wait, what?!?!) and […]

• Penny for your thoughts...