Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #109

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Ofrenda a las arcades by Adam Works

Ofrenda a las arcades by Adam Works available at Society 6

Hope all of you who celebrate Christmas had a good one and that all of you have had lots of food, family and fun this holiday season. Rick and I stuffed ourselves silly with his family this year, and Nerd-Santa was very generous. The rest of 2014 will be spend trying to tie up loose ends before 2015 and all the new adventures it will bring!

Link Time!
My feeling on LEGO Friends, made by someone else, in comic form.

Jimmy Wales lays the smack down on GamerGate, earns my neverending respect. “…#gamergate is not a movement, but a hashtag.”

Did any of you get any of these board games based on video games for Christmas?

The typing game with the best soundtrack you will ever play. via Sword of Nerdom

Totally digging this list of games to argue with your family over for the holiday season. Lots of unconventional choices.

Just in case you haven’t heard it yet, this conversation between a 5 year old and her dad about Leia’s slave outfit is totally heartwarming and thought provoking.

Office shut down for the holidays? Here are 8 things you can do if you get bored.

Yet another account of the hundreds of lady codebreakers and early programmers that helped Alan Turing.

AMAZING COLLECTION OF VINTAGE HANDHELD VIDEO GAMES YOU CAN PLAY IN YOUR BROWSER!!1!1

And finally, did your favourite games make the Wired list of the top video games of 2014?

December 26, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I never knew that they had so many video games in board game version!
    LEGO Friends is kind of a travesty. My favorite LEGO sets as a girl were the the medieval sets…with forests and castles and (in my mind) elves!

December 29, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Our friend has a little girl obsessed with firemen and he got her a LEGO fireman set and then bought a bunch of plain LEGO heads to replace all the super-butch masculine ones it came with. LEGO is already a perfect gender neutral toy, why mess with perfection?

December 27, 2014 at 3:57 am

The bit between Christmas and New Years is weird! oh my gosh that z – type game is so additive, have only got up to level 20 so far- here’s wishing you a fun odd week!! (oh and mega props to the lego comic – lego is the bomb and the one of the most genderless toys I can think of, they really should be aware of their toy gold). I don’t think the friend’s set are ultimately bad, cafes and stables and tree houses all sound pretty fun but definitely didn’t need to be made just to target girls!

December 29, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I had to stop playing Z-Type so I could finish this post. It is SO ADDICTIVE!

December 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm

oh my gosh that vintage game collection website is amazing 🙂

December 29, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Yeah, I love that you can play so many classic games in your browser now. The effect isn’t quite the same, but it’s still a lot of fun to have them so accessible.