Geek Life Video Games

Arcade Block Unboxing November 2014

Arcade Block Unboxing November 2014 | Gamerwife.com Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

My first Arcade Block finally arrived, just in time for holiday gift giving. As I mention in the video, even though this post is going up in December, I am actually reviewing the November Arcade Block from Nerd Block. Like the Horror Block, the Arcade Block ships out later than the regular Nerd Block, hence the odd timing.

All in all I’d have to say I’m pretty happy with the contents of this box. I know that this is officially the conclusion of my exploration of Nerd Block and their many offerings, but I think I’m going to keep this subscription for a couple more months to see if the quality continues to be as high.

Arcade Block November 2014 Contents | gamerwife.com All in all I found the Arcade Block to have a good variety of high quality products, although I am a little torn about whether to start asking for fitted ladies T’s for myself, or to keep giving them to Rick. Oh, dilemmas.

Thinking of getting your own Arcade Block? Here’s the lowdown:
Arcade Block is a nerdy subscription box service offered by Nerd Block. The Arcade Block is just one of 4 different box “types” that you can choose from. There’s the Nerd Block classic for $19.99, which is your basic box of toys & t-shirts a la Loot Crate. They also offer Nerd Block Jr. in boys or girls flavours for $13.99. These ones don’t come with t-shirts, but do seem to include craft items and books as well as the toys and action figures. Nerd Block also offers a Horror Block for all you fellow horror aficionados and of course, the brand new Arcade Block for video game lovers!

The Nerd Block site is very easy to navigate and canceling your Nerd Block is as easy as sending an email to their cancellations department, instructions which are clearly stated in their FAQ, unlike Loot Crate who seem to make their cancellation process as obscure as possible.

I also like that Nerd Block has distribution centers all over the world, which means that I got my box here in Canada at the same time as everyone else in the US or Europe. No waiting around like a looser watching everyone else’s unboxing videos for me.

Altair and Star - Arcade Block | gamerwife.com

Joie Fatale
    December 3, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Oh man! I want those Assassin’s Creed POP!s
    I’ve become soooo addicted to it!
    I think we should give this block a try in addition to Loot Crate!

December 3, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Yeah, I’m curious to see what future boxes contain. I’m always swayed by a new POP.

December 3, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Do you have a sewing machine? If so, it’s incredibly easy to mod a mens shit into a more fitted tee (I’m posting a tutorial on that this month!). I always order a mens shirt when we do sub boxes so that way it keeps the options open. And I can’t WAIT to try out Arcade Block in 2015!

December 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Sadly my sewing machine is busted, but I have a friend who lets me use her machine on occasion. Looking forward to your tutorial, I’m sure it’ll come in handy in the future.

Melissa (eris_discord42)
    December 3, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I always like getting Funko Pops in subscription boxes, it just feels like you are getting your money’s worth. The Mario star is adorable

December 3, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Yeah, I’m a big fan of the Mario star (as I’m sure you saw in the video). And the POPs definitely make boxes feel worthwhile. I wish I could quit those things, but I just can’t!

geekyseamstress
    December 4, 2014 at 11:28 am

Ooh, very neat! I may have to get a subscription as a gift for my guy. Very cute Mario star!

December 4, 2014 at 12:25 pm

the box is pretty neat! it reminds me of the days of blowing into the game and sticking it in and hoping that it would play! 😉 the shirt is pretty cool too!

Damaris / The cat, you and us
    December 5, 2014 at 7:37 am

Foamie Mario star!!! That would be my favorite, but everything is so neat, love also al the Pop figures, I have one of Groot pending to get sometime (soon I hope ;P) and the video-game inspired gift paper! that is so cool 🙂 I don’t play team fortress 2 but I like to think that there are making also of other games?

December 10, 2014 at 1:41 pm

That Groot POP is soo cute! I hope you get it. And as for the wrapping paper, I’ve actually seen it in stores, but only TF2. I think it must have been made by Valve special this year or something.

December 12, 2014 at 12:06 am

THAT BOX IS so cool! I’m such a gutter minded juvenile sometimes, I snickered when you said “i always like when I getting pops in my boxes” hehehee

Is it weird that I really like the sound of the crinkle when you hold up the stuff in bags…maybe I’m actually turning into a cat.

You, as usual, are enjoyable and adorable to watch!

margot

December 12, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Thanks, Margot! And no, you’re not weird for liking the crinkling sound. Rick is always evaluating my purchases for optimal crinkle to trigger his ASMR.