Geek Life

October Favourites 2014

October Favourites Another month has come and gone, so that means it’s time for another favourites video! As I mention in the video, I was hoping to do this one in costume. Sadly, I am lazy and that didn’t happen. Oh well.

As usual, here’s the dirt on all the things I mentioned in the video:

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Shameless
Yogi Tea Egyptian Licorice Mint
7 Year Pen
Serial
Criminal
Twin Peaks
Covert Affairs

Also, for more information about the #puttogetherproject, please see my original blog post. I’d love it if you could join me. The more the merrier!

Ari Carr
    November 2, 2014 at 10:54 am

Great video! I’ll be hapy to join in with the #puttogetherproject. It sounds like a great idea.

November 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Please do! Are you following me on Instagram?

Ari Carr
        November 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Yup! I’m ariellalphabet. You’ve mostly posted adorable cat pictures so far. Always brightens my day!

November 2, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Ah! There you are!

November 2, 2014 at 11:34 am

Cool favourites! The lip colour really suits you. ^^
    And good on you for the #puttogetherproject! I think it’s really great!!!

November 2, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Thanks! I still worry that it’s a little garish in person, but I still love wearing it.

November 2, 2014 at 6:21 pm

My BFF introduced my to Serial, and I agree that it is fascinating. Checked out The 7 Year Pens – so many cute ones!! 😀

November 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm

If you like Serial I definitely recommend checking out Criminal. Very similar and totally different at the same time.

November 3, 2014 at 3:53 am

Oh I like the lip balm! Will have to investigate 🙂 Serial sounds amazing! I love true crime stories – I tend to watch/listen to things before bed and scare myself half to death but I can see myself listening to it during the day whilst editing photos! Love how you’re spreading mental health awareness too!

November 3, 2014 at 8:46 am

Serial and Criminal are both amazing, really innovative audio storytelling. And I am addicted to those stupid Revlon balm stain sticks. So many colours & finishes now.

November 3, 2014 at 10:47 am

i think the put together project is such a great idea. my mom has mental health issues and some of my friends go through depression when the seasons change to autumn. looking forward to checking it out! and i remember checking out twin peaks after watching x-files for like the 5th time but i stopped watching it for some reason. there is a new show called gracepoint and it kind of sort of reminds me of it. happy november to you!

November 3, 2014 at 11:22 am

Thank you, Jane! Hope you’re enjoying the project so far. And thanks for the Gracepoint recommendation. Will check it out.

November 3, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Lots of good favourite from October! I reeeeeally want to watch Twin Peaks, I’ve been meaning to for well over a year, now that they will be revisiting it, it’s a MUST watch now! I can’t believe I’ve never watched it. I just restarted x-files today, I freaking LOVE it!

That lipstick looks lovely on you!

November 4, 2014 at 11:54 am

YOU’VE NEVER SEEN TWIN PEAKS?!?

Sorry, sorry. No judgment. Okay, maybe a little judgement. Seriously, you would love it. And David Duchovny shows up. 😉

Joie Fatale
    November 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I still need to see Twin Peaks! I keep post-poning though! But I want to get that Sriracha 7year pen for my hubby!

November 17, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Yeah, it was in our queue forever before Rick and I finally worked up the nerve to watch it. SO WORTH IT, though.