Geek Life

July Favourites 2014

Monthly Favorites July 2014 | Gamerwife.com

Hello all!

Since July is quickly creeping away from us, I thought it was about time for another favourites video!

I also decided to include a photo of my in my finished costume, since some of you might ask about it.

Gamerwife Gatsby Costume

Oh, and here are the links I mentioned.

Lily Munster brooch by Pin Em Up Designs
Lost my <3 to E-Bit Notebook by Pigsey Art
Drop It Like It’s Hot Notebook by Pigsey Art
Sawbones podcast.

July 30, 2014 at 10:32 am

you look beautiful mariko. and your costume is great! i love how new round penguin friend resting on your desk. and those snow white socks are so dang cute! and can i say the last like second of the video totally cracked me up?! 🙂 hope you had a grand time at the flapper par-tay~!

July 30, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Thank you! Party was great, so many great dressed up dames. And kudos for spotting Gunther!

July 30, 2014 at 10:57 am

That drop it like it’s hot notebook is so spectacular! Also, loving those chibi Batman socks. 😀 Excellent flapper costume!

July 30, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Thank you! I love that notebook. Go tea drinkers!

July 30, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I am loving these vlogs!! So many good things for July!! yay for winning things, notebooks, soy lattes, chibi socks {SO CUTE} and “spackled faces” hehehe!

I really need to pick up Lumberjanes, everyone seems to love it!!

margot

ps. you look fantastic! <3 <3 <3

July 30, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Thank you, Margot. And definitely try to locate Lumberjanes. I’m sure they have it at RX Comics, if that’s anywhere near you.

Kerry
    July 30, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Love the flapper hair, and the totally dorky glasses! But, oh girl, you are killing me with the socks & stationery…I covet it all! Those Snow White socks…just…gimme! In more helpful news, here’s a link to some fruit/herb pairings for your infused water (yum!): http://www.thesavory.com/food/fruit-and-herb-pairing-primer.html

July 30, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Ooooh… Thanks for link, I’ll definitely be trying some of those combos out!

Stephanie Medeiros (@ohnerdjoy)
    July 30, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Annnnd found two more Etsy shops that I’ve now favorited! Also, your lipstick in the video is absolutely gorgeous! Lookin’ fierce!

July 30, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Thank you! It’s MAC Viva Glam (the original). I love it, it’s such a good staple red.

Jenn
    July 31, 2014 at 12:34 am

You totally rock those glasses! I wish I had stumbled upon that drop it like it’s hot notebook before I bought a new journal a few days ago. I’m probably still going to buy it just so I have it around for future use because it’s too awesome to pass up. And man, those socks are great. I would probably be afraid to ruin the Snow White ones too and only wear them on special days or something.

July 31, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Thank you, Jenn. And I *highly* recommend the notebook. Great quality and size.

July 31, 2014 at 6:49 am

You do decorate your face lovely + kick arse costume 🙂 Also I want those glasses and some yummy watermelon and basil water – yum! Snow white socks – amazing x 1000! I love watching your videos Mariko 🙂

July 31, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Thank you, Fiona!

Worshipblues
    August 1, 2014 at 4:54 am

What a beguiling costume! You are a stunner x

August 1, 2014 at 11:21 am

Thank you! That’s so kind.

Damaris / The cat, you and us
    August 7, 2014 at 6:17 am

Yay for your videos! We really enjoy them! I love your make-up and flapper hair & those “dork” glasses are awesome 🙂 I thought that my favorite items were the notebooks but then the socks came into scene, awww that chubby snow white are incredible! Specially the frill as the dress. I bought some socks while in Japan, but since they are nowhere to be found here (not cool asian markets that I know of) I wish I had bought more, oh well…next time? hahahha (girl dreaming here) I will look for those Lumberjanes comics you really sold them to me! 🙂

August 7, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Thank you! I’m so happy with my socks. I didn’t get any when we were in Japan, so Rick’s surprise was extra appreciated.

August 14, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Awesome video. The socks are so cute.
    You looked awesome too, by the way. ^^

August 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm