Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #83

Insert 25 Cents by Natali Koromoto

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Insert 25 Cents by Natali Koromoto

Insert 25 Cents by Koromoto available at Society 6

Hello!

Summer has officially descended here in Montreal and despite feeling like I’m melting due to the humidity, I couldn’t be happier. Last weekend involved walks in the park and lots of comics (more on that next week), while this weekend will likely involve playing some co-cop Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate on the PS4 and subjecting our friends to our newest card game addition, Boss Monster.

Not to mention putting up the air conditioning. Oof.

Oh, and because I forgot to link it last week, here’s the full video of the Female Geek Bloggers Con At Home hangout on video games. Tune in for my wild hand gestures and rad earrings.

Speaking of Kickstarter, this week’s crowdfunding pick is the relaunched Space Team Admiral’s Club for their experimental approach to funding and distributing independent, non-commercial games.

Okay, enough of that.

Link Time!

Not sure what to blog about?

Neat-o experimental game that degrades as you play it.

A killer weekend project for my fellow crazy cat ladies.

Who says you can’t make a living playing video games? And a good one at that.

Ever wondered what GTA V would have looked like on the Commodore 64? Wonder no more.

Why ‘feels’ are actually totally normal. [WARNING: Article contains GoT spoilers.]

Well, this is sobering.

Oh Ubisoft.

And finally, the world’s best antidepressant.

June 6, 2014 at 11:29 am

i love your earrings in that hangout! and i read your kickstart experience and i actually like that you owned your mistake and admitted to it. i worked with so many people who couldn’t admit to their mistake because they were afraid to look weak or unprofessional and in turn came off really pompous. i love people who can admit that they made a mistake, learned from it and moved on. so kudos to you sister! and that cat fort is out of this world!! have a great weekend!

June 7, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Thank you so much! It really wasn’t easy to come clean about what went wrong, but not doing so would have been worse.

Kerrys Nerdy Habitat
    June 7, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Hey Mariko! I’ve tagged you in a new tag: Slice of Adventure. Check it out, if you can do it then that’d be wonderful! x

June 9, 2014 at 10:03 am

Thank you, darling! I’ll see what I can come up with.

Joie Fatale
    June 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Oh man! Ubisoft Game The review had me cracking up! I’m a casual gamer and I’ve noticed the same thing!

LOVE your links Mariko!

June 9, 2014 at 10:07 am

Thanks, Joie! I have to be careful mocking Ubi since they are such an institution here in Mtl and 80% of the people I know work or have worked there. But that “review” was just too accurate not to post.

June 9, 2014 at 2:38 am

That cat fort is awesome, I’ve been thinking I need to build something similar for Gremlin 🙂

June 9, 2014 at 10:05 am

I wish we had more space, the cat fort I would build for our monsters would be EPIC.

sophierocious
    June 10, 2014 at 11:15 pm

‘What should I blog about?’ is great! haha. Now that I’m blogging again, I may be using that. 🙂

GoT feels are so dang real. I am still feeling upset about that episode. 🙁

June 11, 2014 at 12:03 am

We’d read the books, so we knew what was coming. Or, at least we thought we did. Oof.