Friday I'm In Love

Friday I’m In Love #55

Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Making purchases from these links may result in a commission for this site so that I can buy cat litter. You can learn more about my disclosure policy here.

Q*BISM by Jango Snow

Q*BISM by Jango Snow available on Society6

Oof. Big week. Indie game party. Playtesting at Ubisoft (more on that next week). Finishing off my business e-course

This weekend will probably involve seeing Thor: The Dark World and maybe an Indie Game Date.

Link time!

A bad mix of micomanagement and absent management: How LucasArts Fell Apart.

My friend Salim was interviewed about his game The Girl and The Robot.

On the eve of the next-gen consoles, Tali Goldstein talks about the future of storytelling in video games.

MAKE YOUR OWN VIEWMASTER REELS!!! via Little White Whale

Loving this looping animation contest.

The conversation on storytelling in games continues with Dr. Nerdlove (Harris O’Malley) & Mitch Dyer.

Black Milk, Insert Coin, and Living Dead were already starting to turn me around, but this was the nail in my legging hating coffin.

I’ve also wondered if unionization will solve employee abuses in the video game industry, although I don’t agree with all of the author’s assertions.

Perfect for apartment dwelling pet owners: Murphy Pet Bed.

Dynamic lighting tool for 2D games.

Nerd Burger
    November 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm

That is the fanciest pet bed I’ve ever seen.

November 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm

My cats’ favourite bed is “sweatshirt Rick accidentally left on the sofa but the cats liked so much we never moved it and now it is so encrusted with cat hair that it can no longer return to sweatshirt shape.”

ariellalphabet
    November 15, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Great selection of links!

November 16, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Thank you! You don’t think it’s a little too game-centric?

Erin Radler
    November 16, 2013 at 12:54 am

God I love that you blog about the Indie Game world. I get legitimately excited when I see you’ve posted (not that I don’t for others, but I love Indie games).

November 16, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Thank you, Erin. I also love the indie world which is why I post about it and turn up randomly at as many local events as possible– I mean, socialize…

November 17, 2013 at 3:47 am

Have you found the indie course worthwhile?
    Did you end up seeing Thor, I went in with low expectations but found myself really enjoying it I’m glad there was a good dose of humour 🙂

November 19, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I’m actually really enjoying the indie business compass course. It’s not a very technical course, but it has good prompts to get you thinking about how to direct and grow your business and is relatively affordable.

I liked Thor, although I did feel like there was a little too much going on and was disappointed Natalie Portman didn’t have more to do, but I did find it very entertaining.