Yes. I still make resolutions. Sure, most of us totally fail at making changes stick past February, but you know what I’ve decided? Those two weeks, or days, or even hours of trying to be a little better have still contributed to your overall well being.
Maybe you didn’t manage to work out everyday for more than a week, but I bet you felt great that week. And you proved to yourself that you could do it. So next time aim for working out once a week. Or workout when you can. At least you had that one experience of really feeling great to call back on the next time you try.
So, without further ado, here’s what I, Gamerwife, would like to try to be just a little bit better at this year:
1. This might not seem like that big a deal, but considering it’s been over 10 years since I’ve seen a dentist, I figure this is a good one to try out before finally taking advantage of my hard won dental coverage. It also seems to be a pretty easy one to stick to, which will help boost my confidence for the harder resolutions.
2. FOR REAL THIS TIME. Ugh. I know soooo much better than to smoke. It’s gross. It’s expensive. It will kill you. I owe it to myself to make it stick this time.
3. Whether it’s pilates, dancing to hot beats or skating on my lunch break, instead of resolving to “exercise”, which implies weight loss, I want to move more. I want more energy and to feel strong and comfortable in my skin. Moving will help me do that.
4. Not usually a hard one for me, but months of stress eating + Christmas have totally done a number on my diet. More vegetables, more fruit & less sugar will help to get me back on track.
5. I need to keep my brain active! Not sure yet whether it’s gonna be learning a language (Japanese), programming or even a cooking class, but I definitely want to learn something new this year.
Also, I found this great (and funny) service that will email you your resolutions at a future date so you can check in with yourself. I’m so glad they reminded me to spend time with the Hoff. 🙂
What are your resolutions? Do you still make them? Lemme know in the comments.