I know I promised the dice bag tutorial this week, but unfortunately I’m still working on it. In the meantime, here’s a recap of something else I’ve been working on.
Earlier this week I finally finished my first “real” knitting project. Granted it took me close to 2 1/2 years and I had to restart the project at least 5 times, but it’s done and it’s lovely. It is wonky in places and has a fuzzy patch where the cat tried to clean it with his tongue, but it’s skinny and long and surprisingly stylish. Even Rick is taken with it. I can’t find the original pattern I used, but it is very similar to this checkerboard knitted scarf, but in a 4×4 grid & only 16 stitches wide. I used one giant-ass skein of pure cotton wool, but I couldn’t really tell you more about that than that.
Now that I had finished my scarf just in time for fall, what I really needed was a hat to keep my poor ears from freezing off. Deciding that I was no longer a knitting n00b I opted to step things up a notch and browse etsy for hat patterns. I decided on Pixiebell’s Beehive Baret and skipped over to Efiloché to grab some pure Merino chunky wool and some bamboo circular needles. At the expense of the rest of my chores I managed to whip it up in 2 days after a mere 9 restarts.